Install Microsoft Office apps
Two types of license for Microsoft Office are available. You cannot install Office programs through the two license types on the same PC.
Volume License Edition of Office
- You can install this type on university-owned computers, but not on your personally-owned computers.
- You can use Microsoft 365 services such as OneDrive with this type Office apps.
Microsoft 365 Apps (formerly known as Office 365 ProPlus)
- You can install this type on your personally-owned computers.
- The license will be invalidated when your account is deleted after your graduation, retirement, or resignation. (You need to arrange an Office license yourself after deletion of your account.)
- For personally-owned computers (computers bought at one’s own expense)
Install Microsoft 365 Apps.
- For university-owned computers (computers bought using the university’s budget or grants)
Install Volume License edition of Office
- For mobile devices
Use Microsoft 365 Apps licenses.